Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sweet Stuff


Last Sunday, I had the pleasure of going on a little adventure to Boston. My first stop to fuel up: Flour Bakery. It was such a cute little placed tucked in the first floor of some loft-style offices. They had a huge chalkboard with the daily menu written out as well as a great selection of coffee drinks. I've heard that their cinnamon sticky buns are to die for, so that's what I came for. By the time we got there (around 11am) they were all sold out! I settled for a homemade oreo cookie. It was amazing. Seriously. It tasted just like a real oreo, but better and homemade. Not exactly the breakfast of champions, but it was worth it. M had a breakfast sandwich on a freshly baked focaccia roll. I loved the bakery because the staff was friendly and upbeat, even though the line was long. They write out your order on a pad of paper and it's all made to order (sandwiches, french toast, etc.), so it's super fresh. I can't wait to go back and try the cinnamon buns sometime soon! Don't you love their logo with the cracked egg?!



Our main stop for the day was the Boston Museum of Science to see the special Harry Potter exhibit (yes, I'm a nerd). I've been dying to see it ever since I laid eyes on the billboard. It's only in town until the end of February so I knew we had to go asap! I made the huge mistake of not pre-ordering tickets online and the exhibit was sold out for the entire day. Tear. The good news is, we scored some passes from M's friend to see the exhibit during the week (when it won't be so hectic). I will be sure to post after seeing the exhibit. The anticipation has been building for weeks now and the fact that it's been selling out makes it even more exciting!



We did stick around and browse the museum's permanent exhibit halls. It was so much fun because almost everything has some hands-on component (my kinda place). My favorite part was probably the lightning show in the Theater of Electricity. They actually created a full lightning storm indoors! Very exciting. We ended the day with dumplings and wonton soup at P.F. Chang's (yum!) and then made the trek back home to Providence. It was a fun little excursion. I can't wait to go back next week for the Potter spectacular!



Don't you just love weekend adventures?!
taylor

No comments: