Monday, February 22, 2010

De-Luxe Burger Bar


I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of burgers (I know, I know). I have, however, been dying to try one of Providence's newest hotspots, the Luxe Burger Bar. It's basically a build-your-own burger joint complete with shakes and some updated twists on the classic burger & fries combo. M and I tried it out over the weekend and were not disappointed. It's a casual place with lots of bright colors and burger-related pop art (a la Andy Warhol). I wish I had taken some photos, but it was pretty busy. The menu is fairly simple--you can order one of their pre-fab creations or design your own burger. You can choose from six different patty options (including chicken breast, kobe beef, and Ahi tuna steak) and then customize toppings, sauce, bun, and sides. It's a simple concept that has proven to be a really big hit. They also have a create-your-own mac & cheese dish (with add-ins like truffle oil or sun dried tomatoes), gorgonzola tater tots, and spiked milkshakes (marshmallow with Godiva liqueur).



I went with one of the burgers listed on the menu while M got to work filling out his burger order on the forms provided at each table. My choice: the Umami-a sesame/soy marinated tuna steak (seared rare) with wasabi mayo and ginger slaw. It was perfect. Seriously. I can't remember the last sandwich that even came close to this. M went with the gold label beef burger with sauteed mushrooms, muenster cheese, and chipotle mayo on a grilled bun. It looked pretty tasty and I know he enjoyed it. They even offer 12 different sauces for dipping your fries and onion rings! And, if that's not enough, they have a burger-eating challenge on the menu. It's called the Frankenstein and it's pretty scary: two burgers, a jumbo hot dog, double bacon, double cheese, with chili, cole slaw, & relish on two buttered rolls. If you finish it (solo), you win a t-shirt. It's kinda like Providence's nod to the show Man vs. Food. Luckily, we didn't see anyone attempting the challenge on our visit. Yikes. It was definitely a fun place and I'm looking forward to going back and maybe even building a burger of my very own.



What's on your perfect burger?
taylor

No comments: