Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Indoor Graffiti


I love collecting all sorts of art work, from photography to screen prints and even simple sketches. Recently, I've been drawn to the idea of indoor graffiti because of its bright colors and bold designs. I feel like people are usually really divided on this style though: you either love it or hate it. I personally think the artwork produced by the Factory 101 studio in California is amazing. Sam (the Factory's artist) takes iconic figures from the '20s to the '50s and creates portraits using a stencil and spray paint. The outcome is truly unique-a modern take on some retro portraits. I love the above piece of Billie Holiday. Don't you think it would add a nice pop of color to a bare wall? There are also a few more contemporary subjects like Michael Jackson and Lady Gaga (love her!). Check out Sam's online shop too!



What are your thoughts on graffiti art?
taylor

No comments: