Friday, February 19, 2010

Relax, It's Friday










I am so happy it's finally Friday. Even though it was only a four day work week, I am exhausted. These ferris wheel photos (courtesy of Beauty in Everything) are making me yearn for warmer weather and longer days. I love the bright lights and vivid colors! I have had quite a fun week. M and I spent all day Sunday together. We babysat for friends who have an 8-month-old baby (see pic below) so they could go on a nice V-Day dinner date (awww). I cooked up some yummy cioppino for our date night and was surprised with a Max Brenner box of chocolate goodies (including two hug mugs)! It was a great way to spend Valentine's Day with my sweetie. Monday was a holiday so I did something I never thought I'd do--saw Avatar. In 3D. It was pretty amazing (and long). I'm glad I saw it in the theater, though. It was visually impressive, to say the least.





My weekend started early-I received a fun package in the mail on Thursday. My high school buddy & fellow blogger, Tiane, sent me a starter bag of Amish Friendship bread! I'm so excited to "mush" the bag and gradually add all of the ingredients so I can bake up some of the delicious cinnamon-sugar goodness. I haven't done this in so long! The ten days of waiting for the batter to ferment and do its thing seems like an eternity! More to come on the outcome of that next week. I had a very busy week at work catching up from the snow day and holiday, but I was able to sneak out to grab lunch with my old roomie today. I just found out he's moving to LA next month-boo! We had a tasty meal and visited our friend Justin at Temple, an amazing hotel and restaurant in downtown Providence. Now I'm just catching up on some of the Olympics & my favorite blogs and listening to the new Sade album (which is super!). I'm looking forward to a fun-filled weekend with friends!



What are you doing this weekend?

No comments: