Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just Call Me Picabo



I've been feverishly packing and and mentally preparing myself for the upcoming weekend of skiing and relaxing at Attitash in New Hampshire. The only problem is I've never skied before. Ever. I've only been to a ski resort once (as an observer) and my cousin ended up breaking his wrist. Not exactly an encouraging experience. Nonetheless, I've decided to go into this trip with an open mind and loads of anticipation. I keep having crazy visions where I get stuck on the lift or one of my skis falls off and hits someone below. That stuff doesn't actually happen, right?!



Most experienced skiers I've spoken to have suggested taking a lesson right off the bat. This way I won't even have the chance to develop any bad habits. I can ice skate and rollerblade so that has to count for something. I feel like the right skis could make all the difference. I wonder if these Chanel beauties will be available to rent:



At least I know there will be plenty of hot cocoa waiting for me at the bottom of the mountain (or bunny slope). Do you have any secret tips that would make my experience more successful & enjoyable? Please share them! I'll be sure to take lots of photos and absolutely zero videos!



Wish me luck.
taylor

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You will be a natural! Last time I skied was in high school and I split my ski pants from the front all the way to the back...do believe that this was before stretch fabric was invented. Of course the guy I had a crush on was behind me. I got down the mountain and into new knickers without him ever knowing.