Thursday, January 14, 2010

Elementary, My Dear

I have extreme movie ADD. In fact, I think movie theaters should have a mandatory intermission for any film that lasts longer than two hours. I just need to get up, stretch my legs, move around, and take a break from paying attention at that time. Plus, I usually have something to say to the person I'm seeing the movie with by then. I need to ask a question about the plot or comment on main character's wardrobe. Three hours is a ludicrous amount of time to be sitting in a theater without moving and talking! I've heard some great things about Avatar but I refuse to go because a. it's 162 minutes long (not counting previews) and b. if I chose to take a 5 minute break, I would most certainly miss the best or most important part. People think I'm silly because I love kiddie movies, but have you noticed that they have an average running time of 92 minutes? Perfect--bring on Disney's animated classics!





Well, I finally found a movie that kept me not only in my seat, but at the very edge of it for 128 full minutes! I saw Sherlock Holmes last week and it was amazing! It was the perfect mix of humor, suspense, and mystery. I highly recommend it to all of you. Robert Downey Jr. was hysterical and brought to life Arthur Conan Doyle's character just as I imagined him. He was witty and crude and absolutely brilliant! Jude Law complemented him very well as Watson, his brainy sidekick. I liked the movie so much that I immediately downloaded the classic stories on my Kindle app. They are all so clever and have subtle clues that you become more aware of as you read. If you're looking for something to do this upcoming holiday weekend, check out Sherlock Holmes. Just don't take a bathroom break!



Have you seen it already? Let me know what you think!
taylor

No comments: