Monday, January 25, 2010

Googoo for Gaga


I would be lying if I said I liked Lady Gaga, mostly because I don't just like her, I LOVE her. Are her outfits over the top? Sure. Are her music videos a little obscure? Definitely. Is she entertaining? YES! I think her fashion sense and outlandish personality are all just a part of the package and persona that she has created. I really do enjoy her music. It's catchy & energizing and you don't have to read too far into it. I find myself humming her songs throughout the day and some of the catch phrases become lodged in my mind indefinitely (Ra Ra-ah-ah-ah, Roma Roma-ma, Gaga Oh la-la). You get the point.



I was pleasantly surprised to find that Lady Gaga was recently hired by Polaroid (the camera company) as a creative director. I think this is a great move on their part. Sales of instant cameras have been tanking ever since digital cameras hit the market and have become mainstream. What better way to revive your product than by collaborating with one of the hottest pop artists currently on the scene? I have a feeling they may have a big campaign in the works to launch some fun, affordable instant cameras that somehow incorporate Gaga's unique style into the mix. Having always loved the satisfaction of an instant camera, this totally excites me. I cannot wait to see what's in store for this line (due out late this year)! In the meantime, take a look at this photo from Lady Gaga's blog where she displays her new business card!





Any thoughts on what she could bring to the Polaroid brand?
taylor

No comments: