Sunday, January 24, 2010

Geaux Saints


I'm so pumped for today's playoff games! I am really pulling for the Saints, mainly because I'm a huge fan of Drew Brees. He definitely carried my fantasy team for the majority of the season. How can you not root for the team that has yet to make a Super Bowl appearance? Bill Simmons, one of my favorite sports writers, has a great column this week about the hype surrounding the matchup between the Saints and the Vikings. He makes a great argument for the Saints to come out on top. And, quite honestly, I flat out refuse to cheer for Favre. I'm just over it. It's time for Brees to shine. I really think the Saints have a better team dynamic going on than Favre's comeback story. I prefer watching Jeremy Shockey's intense antics (hopefully he plays) and the whole Reggie Bush/Kim Kardashian lovey-dovey subplot is pretty entertaining as well. Wouldn't it be great to hear the entire Superdome chanting "Bush and the Tush"?





Bottom line, I think the Saints and their fans really deserve this win and trip to the Super Bowl. This team really has heart. Besides, haven't they been through enough in Louisiana the past 5 years?



Who will you be cheering for?
taylor

No comments: