Saturday, March 27, 2010

Luxe-urious Travel


I couldn't resist these chic travel guides when I read about them on Tiane's blog. That girl definitely knows how to travel and to squeeze every little ounce out of a city in just a short amount of time. I had to take her word for it with these travel guides from Luxe. First of all, they don't look anything like touristy guides (like Fodor's or Michelin) so if you have your nose in one, no one will know! You can pose as a local, even if you have no idea where you're trying to go! That's definitely a plus. The purpose of these guides is to show you a city from more of a local's perspective. They don't cover all of the main touristy attractions, but instead give you inside info on places off the beaten path. Perfect, I know!



I scooped up the US travel pack that includes Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. I'm a little embarrassed to say that of those cities, I've only been to New York. It's okay though, because I'm actually planning a trip back to NYC at the end of April, and I'll have my Luxe guide by then to steer me to some fun new places. My only disappointment was that there wasn't a San Francisco edition, because I'm planning a trip there for late summer/early fall. San Francisco seems like a city where it'd be nice to have a local's perspective. I'm looking forward to pouring over these books when they arrive next week. I will definitely keep you posted!



Oh, and if you hurry, you can get them at a HUGE discount at Gilt. I basically got four for the price of two. Yay!

1 comment:

tiane said...

AHHH. can i see yours when you come home?? i was wondering what you bought! since i referred you, and you bought something, i got a $25 gift card to gilt good until one year from now. thanks taylor!!!