Monday, March 15, 2010

Bridesmaid Challenge


Last week I received an e-mail from my aunt (who follows this blog). Her friend needed some help coming up with ideas for bridesmaids gifts. She is getting married in June and has eight (yes, eight!) bridesmaids to shop for. She's already purchased each of them a bottle of Little Black Dress wine, because they all got to choose their own LBD to wear in the wedding. She wants to give them a little something else to go with the wine and wants to spend between ten and fifteen dollars per girl. I gladly accepted the challenge, and told her I'd scour the internet and get back to her later in the week.



I immediately began obsessing over the challenge. Growing up with two sisters, I know how hard it is to please three girls, let alone eight. The budget was somewhat limiting, too. I started thinking about personalized gifts (which can get pricey) and something that would appeal to most young women (tricky). Well, here are some of the ideas I came up with on my own. Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas that I may have forgotten.


Personalized set of notecards $12


Liberty of London for MAC tinted lipglass $14


Chalk note glassware $5


Little Black Dress coffee table book $13


Assortment of Lush beauty goodies $15


Gift certificate for manicure $12


Sparkly headband $13


Selection of Dean & Deluca gourmet candies $12



Since replying to her original e-mail, I've also though of a Sephora gift card or a Max Brenner hug mug with homemade hot chocolate mix in a pretty package. Any other ideas?!



Help!
taylor

1 comment:

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

I think the manicure idea is perfect! What girl wouldn't love to be pampered :)

P.S. I have a giveaway on my blog today - you might like it! xo