Thursday, April 14, 2011

Clutch and Go


By now you've probably all seen the American Apparel leather carry-all pouch on at least one of your favorite blogs. The first time I saw Bee from Atlantic-Pacific photographed with hers, I was smitten. Its simple, versatile shape and bold colors are the perfect complement to so many outfits (and the $50 price tag is completely justifiable). I love carrying a clutch when I go out on the weekends because it forces me to whittle my typically overstuffed bag down to the bare essentials.

Taylor from Curly in the City has a great DIY for the clutch, but since I don't have a sewing machine, I've been pleading my mom to make one for me (and waiting patiently for Taylor to open her Etsy shop, whichever comes first!). I just saw on Twitter that American Apparel has finally restocked the bags with a slew of fun new colors for summer. I'm thinking of snatching one up in buttercup (a bright yellow) and maybe even stone (a pale grey). In the meantime, check out some of my favorite bloggers and how they've styled the carry-all.




Carolina at Fashion Squad




Bee at Atlantic-Pacific (especially love the tied-on ribbon in the first photo!)


Taylor from Sterling Style


Kelly from the Glamourai

Do you love the clutch as much as I do?

2 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Can't wait for her to open her Etsy shop!

Chicca said...

I am in love with clutch too!!!Thanks for sharing this lovely post!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/