Sunday, May 16, 2010

Miss USA


I am not going to lie, I love watching beauty pageants. I know, it's totally twisted and bizarre, but ever since I was a little girl, my dad and I would camp out in front of the tv and pick our favorite contestants. Plus, I usually got to stay up really late (like 10pm) to see the crowning of the winner. Pageants are a total guilty pleasure, which is why I haven't revealed to Marc what will be on tonight's agenda (post-Celtics playoff game, of course). Tonight the Miss USA pageant is aired live from Las Vegas (beginning at 7pm), and you better believe I'll be watching. I love critiquing the gowns and cheering for the hometown favorites, but mostly I love the interview portion of the show. Some of the things that these women say are utterly embarrassing (to say it nicely). Case in point: this disaster from Miss South Carolina back in 2007.

I can't wait to see what tonight has in store!

No comments: