Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dry Bar


It's places like this that make me think I'm living on the wrong coast. Dry Bar is such a simple, yet brilliant concept. It's a salon that doesn't cut or color hair. Crazy? No way! Genius? Yes. What they do specialize in is drying hair, specifically blowouts. You know that feeling that you get when you walk out of the salon with freshly styled locks? It's part confidence and part sex appeal. You just know you look amazing. A good trip to the salon can turn a day from terrible to fantastic.

Dry Bar does just that. They offer a wash and blow dry for $35 flat and even have five adorable styles to choose from. Personally, I'd go for the Mai Tai, a beachy, textured blow out. They also have a sleek & smooth "Manhattan" style and adorable loose curl "Cosmopolitian" 'do. Check out the menu for all of the descriptions and photos. If you go on a Saturday or Sunday, you can enjoy mimosas and croissants with your salon experience. They offer parties, which would be so much fun for a group of girlfriends or sisters. Bottom line: please, please, please open an East Coast location! I'm dying to give it a whirl.



P.S. Isn't the decor amazing?! The yellow is so cheery.

2 comments:

tiane said...

omg. totally obsessed. i saw it on cupcakes and cashmere. i was going to write about it too!! i wanna go!!! i need a place like this for the wedding this weekend.

birch815 said...

I would love to have one of these in DC so I can get my hair done in all the different styles that I can't do myself. We need to come up with an idea like this and have the 3 of us operate something. Have you heard about the Sisters3 place in clarendon? A spa that 3 sisters opened up the street from my apartment!