Sunday, July 11, 2010

To The Sea


Amazing. That pretty much sums up the Jack Johnson show from last night. I had a great time and it was definitely a highlight of my summer thus far. I was worried about the crazy thunderstorms that passed through most of yesterday, but it magically cleared up in the late afternoon and was gorgeous for tailgating and the concert! I threw together this Greek-style shrimp and orzo pasta salad (a huge hit) and paired it with cheese & crackers and some tasty brews for our picnic and we even managed to score amazing pavilion tickets at the (very) last minute. I felt up close and personal to the band, G Love, and of course Jack.

I've loved his music for a while now, but my admiration has skyrocketed since last night. He is amazingly talented and really puts on a fun, memorable show. It was nice to see lots of families and tons of green organizations promoting recycling, carpooling, and sustainability on the tour. I even waited in line for waaaay too long for the obligatory concert tee shirt (thanks babe!). Best part of the night: singing along at the top of my lungs to Banana Pancakes and hearing some great new songs off of To The Sea. You know it was a good show when you listen to the albums on the way home and all the next day. Oh, and he gave an adorable shout out to his mom & mother-in-law (who were in the audience). Love it.

I'm trying to convince M that we need to see another tour date. Preferably on the west coast.



image via We Heart It

No comments: