Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dog Days of Summer






It's been unbearably hot and humid in New England over the past few days and there doesn't seem to be any relief in sight. I've been waking up early and getting as much done as possible before it's just too hot to be out and about. This morning I took a nice jog and went blueberry picking, all before 10 am! Days like this are meant to be spent either at the beach or at home in the air conditioning. One of my favorite ways to beat the heat is by making homemade popsicles. When I was a kid, I was all about the Dole raspberry fruit bars. They were so refreshing and always turned my lips a deep purple! I recently came across a recipe for Greek yogurt pops, which sounds like the perfect balance between sweet and tangy. I may just have to give these a whirl before the weekend is up.



How do you beat the heat?

images via beauty in everything