Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Adventures in Northern Michigan-Part Two

I think one of the best parts of being in Michigan was the relaxed pace of just about everything. The hardest decision of the day was usually where to go out to dinner that night or what kind of ice cream to order for dessert. I had a lot of fun just being around my sisters; I forgot how much their crazy antics make me laugh. It was so nice to have long, drawn out dinners with lots of wine and storytelling. I think we were 'that table' on more than one occasion! 

Dining alfresco was such a treat with the cooler temps.

A glass of wine enjoyed on the porch with the fam at Coho Cafe.


I played manicurist to my sisters during our trip.

Seared scallops with mango salsa.

Mussels simply steamed in white wine, lemon, and tons of garlic.

Sesame seared tuna-one of my favorite meals!

A rainy day was spent shopping and checking out a local brewery in Traverse City.

Vintage cherry labels at the heritage museum.

A maze of galleries and shops housed in a former insane asylum in Traverse City.

Nautical wrapping paper.



Breathtaking views from Sleeping Bear Dunes.

Fruity sangria on sushi night at Fusion.

The cutest little post office that could've fit inside my living room.

No comments: