Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Shopaphobia


I have to preface this by saying it's a strange post. I've been thinking about this more and more and I've come to the conclusion that I'm shopaphobic. Yes, I have a paralyzing fear of shopping. I know it sounds strange, especially considering the amount of time I spend perusing the internet at sites like Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and the Outnet (just to name a few). You see, I love to find things that I lust after and talk about them on my blog, but the reality is, I end up buying fewer than one percent of what I write about. I can blame it on the teacher's salary or the lack of time I have to actually spend shopping, but I think I have some anxiety about actually pulling the trigger on a purchase. Even when I go to a store with something specific in mind, I still overanalyze the purchase and put it off indefinitely (or until it's sold out, which happens more than I'd like to think about). I would never buy something that I couldn't afford, and I don't have any credit card debt. Seriously, I don't know what my problem is, but it's getting worse as I get older and it's starting to freak me out. I'm trying my sister's approach of thinking about an item in a cost-per-wear context instead of the lump sum of what it costs, but I still make excuses as to why I don't need an something.

Help! Does anyone else have this problem? Side note-sisters need not comment; I know you're both professional shoppers.


Maybe I should adopt this as my mantra (although I'm not in therapy, I swear):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor, we love what you're doing on your blog Good Night Sweet Girl. We wanted to thank you for entering the contest that Beso.com sponsored on the glamourai and invite you to enter our new $1,000 “We <3 Brands" Giveaway.

Thanks so much!
The Beso.com Team.
www.beso.com

yanmaneee said...

adidas nmd
fila shoes
fila
curry 6
asics shoes
kobe sneakers
goyard handbags
air max 97
off white clothing
air max 270