Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day Four: What You Ate Today

I have been keeping track of what I eat on an almost daily basis since May, when I got more serious about shedding some weight and being conscious of my eating habits. At first, it was a little challenging, but at the end of the day, it's a great way to be accountable for everything I put in my body. Now, I'm completely used to it and I even have an app on my iPhone to keep track of meals. During the week, I'm extra boring with my breakfast and lunch selections. I pretty much stick to the same basic items (in different flavors or varieties). I also spend the majority of my day on the road going from appointment to appointment, so I pack my lunch to save money and avoid junk food. I'm secretly a creature of habit and once I find something I like, I stick with it until I hate it (or need a break). Strange, I know. So here's what my meals looked like today:

Breakfast:
Quaker Oatmeal (original flavor), made with unsweetened almond milk, applesauce, cinnamon, and a little bit of brown sugar. This is kind of ironic because up until about January, I despised oatmeal. I think it was the lumpy, sticky texture that turned me off, but now I eat it almost every day. I had it when I went skiing and it was hearty and filling and I've loved it ever since! I stopped at my favorite neighborhood bakery, Seven Stars, on my way to work for a cup of coffee and a cherry-pistachio biscotti. I saved the biscotti for a mid-morning snack and it was delicious! It's a rare treat that I allow myself and it's totally worth it. Cherries + biscotti = bliss.

Lunch:
Raspberry Dannon yogurt, extra sharp cheddar cheese stick, Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidant bar (dark chocolate & almond flavor).
I usually space my lunch out over the span of a couple hours, but today I had the opportunity to sit outside and actually enjoy my lunch at a table. The Kellogg's bar literally tastes like a candy bar. It's sooooo good! I recently read in a magazine that it's one of Jennifer Hudson's favorite filling snacks, and she has been on a huge health kick so I took her advice. The peanut butter flavor is great, too!

Afternoon Snack:
Apple that I ate on the way to my last appointment of the day at 5pm that was leftover from lunch.

Late Afternoon Snack:
Mini bag of 94% fat-free microwave popcorn. This is definitely one of my go-to snacks. Quick and tasty.

Dinner:
Greek salad (romaine, feta, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, Greek vinaigrette dressing). I have a salad like this at least three nights per week. It's one of my favorites!
Homemade Margherita pizza made with crushed San Marzano tomatoes (the BEST) and fresh mozzarella. I usually make my own pizza dough, but I worked a little late tonight so I didn't have time to let the dough rise for an hour and a half so I used a prepared crust. Homemade is definitely better though.

Dessert:
I blame my mom for my sweet tooth. She always has to have a bite of something sweet after dinner, even if it's just a little square of dark chocolate. Now, I am the exact same way. Sometimes I have a little chocolate pudding or popcorn for dessert. I'm not sure what I'm going to end up having as my treat tonight, but a crepe sounds really good (but that's not happening).

Drinks:
Strictly water throughout the day and sometimes a coffee with skim milk & one packet of raw sugar. No sodas or juice for me. I also indulge in the occasional glass of wine, though usually on the weekends.

Pretty uneventful, right?! As a side note, I could eat sushi almost any night of the week. My favorite: maguro nigiri over brown rice with an avocado salad. Yum! I hope that's on the menu this weekend.

2 comments:

tiane said...

yes! pictures please.

YOU eat really healthy. i wish i could do the oatmeal thing but i am so sick of oatmeal. i need more healthy & quick breakfast options.

i think i have the same popcorn pack. i have yet to try it.

can i have your pizza recipe?

mmmm...sushi. i could eat that every day too :)

zzyytt said...

adidas stan smith
cheap mlb jerseys
adidas nmd runner
adidas pure boost
adidas ultra
yeezy 700
birkin bag
off white
lebron shoes
kobe shoes