Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekend Snapshots: Gloucester


Chamber of Commerce building.


Rocky beach--the water was freezing!


Shot of the city center and clock tower.


Oodles of friendship bracelets in every color imaginable.


Wrought iron anchors decorated the railing overlooking the ocean.


I used to love peering through these viewfinders when I was a kid.


Flags lining the park near the Fisherman's Memorial.


Lunch at the famous Clam Box in Ipswich.

Monday was spent wandering around Gloucester, a city made famous by the fishing industry (and later the book and movie The Perfect Storm). It had such a great old New England feel to it, which I love. Plus, it smelled like salty ocean air, which always seems invigorating and makes me happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the pictures. I've never been there but I'm proud of myself for knowing it's from The Perfect Storm!

An American Girl (Someday) in Paris
Tumblr

mom said...

Loved all the pictures -- especially the b/w ones --

Anonymous said...

not mom - r