Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Flap Jacks


I just polished off a short stack in celebration of Mardi Gras. When I was a kid, we always went to my grandma's house for a huge pancake dinner. I'm trying to keep the tradition going (I not-so-secretly adore traditions). I forgot how good pancakes can be, especially at dinner time. Also, I'm not the religious type, but in a moment of sheer weakness, (and because I love a good challenge) I agreed to give up coffee for the next 40 days. It was Tiane's idea. At least we'll be miserable together!

Are you making any Lenten sacrifices or resolutions?

Confession: my pancakes were made from scratch-loosely based on this recipe-but I forgot to take a picture. Oops!

4 comments:

birch815 said...

sure.. give tiane all the credit. I set the trend back in january - coffee free ever since!

Austin said...

I haven't had coffee in months either! The smell actually grosses me out now...it's all about the chai tea!

tiane said...

i'm not sure if a coffee free lifestyle suits me. hahaha. i am going to die.

i drink a cappucino EVERY morning! i love the taste and it's just part of my morning routine.

i just want to know how my body will react to this. today i had earl grey tea with honey for breakfast and i brought soda and tylenol for back up.

Ali said...

Good luck, lady. Coffee is my weekend treat so I can't imagine having to give it up as a daily drinker.

While I've been slacking on my Catholic roots for the last few years, I've decided to give up candy and pre-packaged cookies/snacks. I debated giving up beer...yeah, not happening.