Sunday, March 20, 2011

Eat Your Vegetables


Meet my newest snacking obsession: roasted green beans. I've roasted lots of veggies (mostly peppers, onions, potatoes, and the like), but I've never thought to roast green beans. I usually steam them or throw them into a stir fry. Then I stumbled on this recipe at How Sweet It Is (which is an amazing blog that usually has nothing to do with vegetables and everything to do with chocolate & outrageously decadent desserts). I tested the super simple recipe for the first time a few weeks ago and I was hooked! Now I make them for a quick snack or a dinner side at least three times a week. They're really that good! I love trying different spices on them like grill seasoning or red pepper flakes. Next on my list to roast is kale. Sounds like it could be interesting.


How do you like your veggies?

1 comment:

tiane said...

wow! those look yummy. i'll have to try my veggies that way (and make my own kale).