Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekend Snapshots: Overdue


Essie's California Coral--so bright and summery!


Best cracker ever. Seriously, good little dippers for hummus or guac.


Freshly grated nutmeg going into zucchini bread batter.


Early Saturday Pinkberry run. No line!


Used local RI summer ale...


...to make a tasty littleneck clam and mussel dinner!


M's chocolate birthday cake that I slaved hours over!


New favorite summer cocktail: vodka + sparkling blueberry juice.

Oops! I'm a little overdue with this photos, but they're from a couple weekends ago when M's birthday weekend continued. We did a lot of running around on Saturday and then stayed in to cook a local seafood feast, complete with clams and mussels in a spicy Narragansett summer ale and roasted tomato broth. It was insanely garlicky (and therefore insanely good!).

I felt like I spent most of the weekend in the kitchen because I ended up baking zucchini bread for a brunch on Sunday and then M's family came over for a birthday cookout in the afternoon where we served up grilled corn and sausage and peppers. Whew! It was definitely a packed summer weekend and I can't wait to keep the entertaining going next weekend when my cousin Leslie visits!

How are you spending this weekend?

1 comment:

Austin said...

Glad to see you are back to posting on your blog, I was getting worried there!