Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular


I just got home from the Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular, an annual event that takes place at Providence's Roger Williams Park Zoo. It was amazing, to say the least. There are over 5,000 hand-carved pumpkins scattered throughout a trail with themes and music playing throughout. This is the third year in a row that I've gone and it seems to get better each year!

One of my favorites this year was this beautiful dragon that represented the Chinese New Year as part of the "Around the World" section of the show. First of all, it was huge and so detailed. I feel like the picture doesn't even look like a real pumpkin! It was a fun way to get into the Halloween spirit and now I can't wait to carve a pumpkin this weekend. Read more about the exhibit and check out lots of photos here.

No comments: